Friday 5 December 2014

Beatboxing

After shopping for some art supplies at Rennies on Bold Street i went through Liverpool One city centre just to see the Christmas decorations and people rushing around to buy presents for their loved ones. Trying to get into the Christmassy mood! I felt very happy at that moment the city had a positive and warm atmosphere, the weather was clear with blue sky and sun! As i was walking through i passed a couple of people playing either on violin or guitar and some were singing, and then i heard beatboxing! It was very unusual from any other beatboxing i have heard! This guy was beatboxing with a harmonica! and sometimes a flute! I loved it!  I walked passed him and after 5 minuted of walking away from him something clicked in me! I realized that this is what i needed! It linked in with my Listen project! I realized that i can respond to his music through art, by making different marks in response to his beatboxing! So being shy and everything i needed support from a friend to tell me if i have gone crazy or not! So i rang a friend for encouragement! 

So after getting some extra confidence from a friend i walked back to the beatboxing guy, waiting for the right moment to talk  to him! So when he had a break i made my move! It went very well, he liked what i wanted to do and gave me his number to contact him to make the work possible! I was so happy! He is in a band called The Fire Beneath the Sea, but at that time he performed solo. So i stayed there while he played for 40 more minutes because i loved the sound of beatboxing with the other instruments! It sounded very unique! 

In the 40 minutes i received so much positive energy it lasted me all day! In them 40 minutes an old man stopped and started dancing to the sound, it was very cute! A lot of people gathered and were appreciating the sound of beatboxing with the flute/ harmonica, dancing and laughing! The atmosphere was beautiful and i didn't want to go! I was so happy that i have stopped and talked to this guy as well as stayed and listened! People in Liverpool are cool! They are so happy and positive! 

Hopefully soon i will make work with him! Because its Christmas soon its busy!

I love Liverpool! <3

Here you can listen to some amazing talent!



No comments:

Post a Comment