Thursday 19 March 2015

Mental Metal 10th March exhibition

Although it was a very good day with free food yum! and some amazing artworks which made it more exciting such as the spray painted big bin with a bag of goldfish inside it, it was disappointing in the sense that the work that we had worked on and exhibited was only shown to our peers and tutors. It was a closed exhibition but a good experience to have anyway. I feel as though it would have been more beneficial and even more exciting and fun for the exhibition to be open to other people, to see their reaction and hear their comments for the work we have made.

However i really enjoyed it as it was one of the rare moments where the groups worked together and there were a lot of students that i was excited to find out what their art practices are like and what they are about. It was a bonding moment when we had to talk about our work in turn. In turn we talked about our work and a potential area in the place we would have liked to exhibit, talking about how our piece relates to the space in Metal. It was very beneficial to me as i got a lot out of it, such as noticing how different students had a different approach to work and had a different way of thinking. It was a long and thorough process allowing everybody to discuss the work of others and express what they feel about a certain work or installation of that work.

After talking about each work we were setting up our work to form an exhibition. It was a very quick setup and because my work was half done as it require the place of exhibiting to be part of my art it took me longer than some of other students. My work required me to work on the spot, interacting with the space and marks/ stains on the floor. I had to consider a lot of factors when setting up on the floor such as making sure they would not be stood on or contributed to an accident as well as have a space between other students work. I had to make sure people could walk around it and at the same time though the work, the frames. 

I like how the frames work with the square and lines
on the floor,  adding control of where i place
 the frames and which way i turn them.

All our work in a big circle.

How my work ended up looking and
 interacting with other pieces of work. I like there are
squares that have been highlighted by other art pieces.

Frames up close. There is so much visual
information  you can find though the
 frames and by me tracing one that i can
 see though the screen it suddenly looks
 very minimal with the linear white pen.

Eggsabition? ahah

Goldfish!

Some work outside 




Goldfish inside the bin!

People having fun!


Performance with a mask!

I loved the moment Rory and Brice arrived to Metal struggling to wheel in a big bin with goldfish inside! It was so funny i loved it! It made my day! :D

~Ev






No comments:

Post a Comment